Skip to content
Why share data?
- Meet funding agency requirements
- Support transparency and replication
- Increase visibility of research
Where can I deposit and share my data?
- Disciplinary data repositories. By sharing your data through an established disciplinary repository, you can associate it with related content, make it easier to discover, and use standards associated with your discipline.
- Rice Digital Scholarship Archive. You may share small to medium, final datasets through Rice’s digital repository, which provides a stable URL and preservation services. Contact email@example.com for more information.
How can others use my data (licensing and intellectual property)?
How can I get credit for my data?
- Proper citation of data sets ensures that your work is credited and facilitates linking publications with data.
- Alyssa Goodman, et al. “Ten Simple Rules for the Care and Feeding of Scientific Data.” PLoS Comput Biol 10, no. 4 (April 24, 2014). doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003542.