“Research data management concerns the organisation of data, from its entry to the research cycle through to the dissemination and archiving of valuable results. It aims to ensure reliable verification of results, and permits new and innovative research built on existing information.” (Angus Whyte and Jonathan Tedds, Digital Curation Centre, 2011)
Rice’s Research Data Management team brings together representatives from Fondren Library and the Center for Research Computing (CRC)/ Office of Information Technology to help Rice researchers manage their research data, as required by many funding agencies. We provide assistance in managing your data throughout the research cycle, including providing feedback on data management plans, training on effective data management, and consultation on tools and resources at and beyond Rice.
Members of the team include:
- Jean Aroom, GIS Support Specialist, Fondren Library
- Scott Carlson, Metadata Coordinator, Fondren Library
- Mike Dewey, Director of Campus Services, IT
- Shannon Kipphut-Smith, Scholarly Communications Liaison, Fondren Library
- Jan Odegard, Associate Vice President, Office of Information Technology and Executive Director, Kennedy Institute for Information Technology (K2I)
- Jun Qian, Collections Assessment & Engineering Librarian, Fondren Library
- Monica Rivero, Digital Curation Coordinator, Fondren Library
- Lisa Spiro, Executive Director, Digital Scholarship Services, Fondren Library (Team Lead)
- Kathy Weimer, Head of the Kelley Center for Government Information, Data and Geospatial Services, Fondren Library
Contact us at email@example.com or 713-348-2480.